Fri, 10 Mar|
Gong Bath Chakra Series: Muladhara Chakra-Root Chakra -1st Chakra
In these sessions, we will be adjusting the body’s energies by applying the appropriate wavelength (colour) & vibrational frequency (gong and sound healing) and diffusing essential oils according to each Chakra Vibration
Time & Location
10 Mar, 19:30 – 20:30
Bodywise Studio, Unit 4 Gwydir Street, Cambridge, UK CB1 2LG
About the Event
Life is a rhythm, health is a rhythm, happiness is a rhythm, and gong bath sessions, through sound vibrations, aromatherapy and light therapy allow us to set or re-set that rhythm.
The Chakras are wheels of energy ultimately connected to the body’s rhythms
In yogic anatomy we have energy channels called Nadis, there are 72.000 Nadis, of which 3 are major as they control all others and are responsible to raise the Kundalini Energy.
The 3 major Nadis are Sushmuna (balancing energy; flows in the centre of the spinal cord); Ida (passive energy; flows from the left side) and Pingala (active energy; flows from the right side). Ida and Pingala spiral around the Sushmuna. They all originate in the Muladhara/Root Chakra.
The Nadis merge in a vortex of energy centres called Chakras.
Chakras are not Nervous plexus and/or Endocrine Glands but are related to them on an energetic level. Chakras are energy vortexes.
The function of Chakras is to receive/collect the energy, called Prana, transform, balance and/or accelerate this energy, and distribute it to the other parts of the body. It is understood that the function of the chakras, assists healing, and spiritual awareness and keeps the organs functioning well.
The Ancient Sages (scholars and Yogis) who mastered the dynamics of life and shared their knowledge and experience, believed that all imbalances start at the Energetic level because we perceive reality through its energies and using our 6 senses (touch, sight, hearing, smell, taste and feelings). And as such health, healing and balance will ultimately involve an energy balance.
We will be diffusing the room with the Essential oil Blend appropriate for each Chakra Vibration and to complete the session we will be serving Herbal Tea. The Herbal tea Choice will support the organs that are related to each Chakra
CHAKRA 1 - Red light therapy & Root/Muladhara Chakra
Muladhara means root support. It is located at the end of the spine between the anus and the sexual organs (the perineum in the male & the cervix in the female).
Muladhara represents your physical identity, the survival instinct and the ability to identify with your body and its needs.
It is connected with the organs of elimination (bowels), the bones, the feet and legs, the immune system and the adrenal glands. The Adrenal glands although far up on the top of the Kidneys releases adrenaline and cortisol; which are survival hormones.
Red Light is the Colour of Muladhara Chakra. Red light may be used to reduce headaches and migraines. Red light has also been shown to reduce pain. In colour therapy, it is used to stimulate the general life force and to release old mental patterns.
When the energy of Muladhara Chakra is balanced:
- we are comfortable with the self and able to fulfil its needs; that is our body, home, finances, work and environment.
- we learn the lessons of life and are grateful for them,
- we have unconditional self-love and we are open to success, prosperity, time to the self, pleasure, adventure, friends, and relationships.
When the energy of Muladhara Chakra is unbalanced
- we may have aches and pain in our legs, feet or bones in general, any general disorders of the bowel, and chronic health issues.
- we may have an addictive personality or behaviour,
- we may avoid intimacy, we find distrust in others and in the hostile world and we may be workaholics
We will be using a variety of ancient sound healing instruments, in some sessions, we may not use all:
-Jupiter and Venus Gongs: Venus is connected with sensuality, love, abundance and completion. Jupiter is connected to trust, abundance, openness, affirming and expansion
- Tibetan singing bowls: To balance the Solar Plexus (connected to willpower) and Throat Chakra (ability to communicate and connect within and with others)
- Shamanic drum: With a 7.83 Hz frequency stimulates Alpha/Theta brainwave frequency that enables regeneration and healing
- Dhyangro Nepalese Shamanic Drum: This two-sided drum represents the Yin & Yang energies of the world.
- Bell and Dorje: The bell represents wisdom and the feminine aspect and the Dorje represents the creative, forceful, male energy. During ceremonies, the bell is held in the left hand with the Dorje in the palm of your right hand. The Dorje represents the method that grows compassion. The Bell represents Buddha's mind which is wisdom. Each time they are used it is to remind you to practice great compassion and wisdom.
- Sonic Ohm Tuning fork: This higher expression of Ohm is also an earth tone, with its balancing and grounding properties. It is an excellent sound tool to help balance the energetic fields of the body
- Biosonics Crystal Tuner - Earth: tuned to a frequency of 4096 cycles per second this is a powerful sound healing instrument that tunes one with the pulsation of the Earth. It is used to clear energetic blocks in the body. It works on the frequency of the pineal gland and as such tunes its frequency and our circadian rhythms as consequence.
- Three Key Aura Chime: The smooth, penetrating tone of the aura chime eases tension and can slowly remove dense, negative energy. Aura chimes are also utilized similarly for the "space-clearing" of rooms in Feng Shui.
- Koshi Water Windchimes: provide a rich and deep sound, balancing the water energies in your body.
Other instruments to bring a sense of blissfulness: are Koshi Water Windchimes, Rainsticks and thunder-tube.
We start with a progressive muscle relaxation technique by tensing one muscle group at a time followed by a relaxation phase with a release of tension. This technique is effective to let go of stress, reducing muscle stiffness, to relieve insomnia and tiredness.
This is followed by a short deep breathing exercise, the aim is to tune into the moment, let go of the business of the week and make the most of the gong bath experience.
Please arrive between 7:15 pm-7:25 pm
Doors will close at 07:30 pm
Precautions: This session is not recommended if:
- you are pregnant
- those with peacemaker
Classes are limited to 15 people. The places will be set out before your arrival.
We will provide sanitised yoga mats, a wipeable headrest and a wipeable booster.
There is also an air purifier and a new ventilation system in the studio.
Please bring a small blanket or shawl to keep you warm and a cover for the yoga mat if you want.
Online pre-bookings only:
- Please wear comfortable clothing
- We will offer herbal tea
- Please bring your water bottle
Early Bird Ticket
This is a waiting list ticket. TC are first come first served. Please leave your name and number and we will contact you if a place becomes available.