Fri, 02 Jun|
Gong Bath Chakra Series: Sahasrara Chakra – Crown Chakra – 7th Chakra
In these sessions, we will be adjusting the body’s energies by applying the appropriate wavelength (colour) & vibrational frequency (gong and sound healing) and diffusing essential oils according to each Chakra Vibration
Time & Location
02 Jun 2023, 19:30 – 20:30
Bodywise Studio, Unit 4 Gwydir Street, Cambridge, UK CB1 2LG
About the Event
Life is a rhythm, health is a rhythm, happiness is a rhythm, and gong bath sessions, through sound vibrations, aromatherapy and light therapy allow us to set or re-set that rhythm.
The Chakras are wheels of energy ultimately connected to the body’s rhythms
In yogic anatomy we have energy channels called Nadis, there are 72.000 Nadis, of which 3 are major as they control all others and are responsible to raise the Kundalini Energy.
The 3 major Nadis are Sushmuna (balancing energy; flows in the centre of the spinal cord); Ida (passive energy; flows from the left side) and Pingala (active energy; flows from the right side). Ida and Pingala spiral around the Sushmuna. They all originate in the Muladhara/Root Chakra.
The Nadis merge in a vortex of energy centres called Chakras.
Chakras are not Nervous plexus and/or Endocrine Glands but are related to them on an energetic level. Chakras are energy vortexes.
The function of Chakras is to receive/collect the energy, called Prana, transform, balance and/or accelerate this energy, and distribute it to the other parts of the body. It is understood that the function of the chakras, assists healing, and spiritual awareness and keeps the organs functioning well.
The Ancient Sages (scholars and Yogis) who mastered the dynamics of life and shared their knowledge and experience, believed that all imbalances start at the Energetic level because we perceive reality through its energies and using our 6 senses (touch, sight, hearing, smell, taste and feelings). And as such health, healing and balance will ultimately involve an energy balance.
We will be diffusing the room with the Essential oil Blend appropriate for each Chakra Vibration and to complete the session we will be serving Herbal Tea. The Herbal tea Choice will support the organs that are related to each Chakra
CHAKRA 7: Violet light therapy &/Sahasrara Chakra:
Sahasrara is the seat of the soul, it is everything & nothing. The literal meaning of the word means “one thousand”, therefore represented by a lotus with 1000 petals. However, the real meaning is VAST.
It is the totality, it is the force that drives the Universe itself…unmeasurable, beyond logic, description and human understanding.
Human consciousness manifests according to the chakra that is predominantly functioning. Sahasrara however, acts through nothing and everything, yet it is right there, just at the crown of the head.
It is the crown of expanded awareness
To get to Sahasrara feeling one must transcend the barriers of the mind. A mind is a machine programmed with countless thoughts; thoughts of the past, and plans for the future.
It is plagued with worries, fears, jealousies, etc… It continually broods over “whether he/she likes me or not; Did I make a good impression or a fool of myself? and on and on….There is no end to mental fluctuations, they can never be stopped or suppressed or they will bubble again with more intensity.
Violet is the last colour on the blue end and has the shortest wavelength of the visual spectrum, therefore it is the most powerful in frequency and vibration. It vibrates at 731 trillion times per second
It is a cooling colour and calms the metabolism, it is nourishing and soothing for all organs. It is normally used in medicine for its antibacterial properties, hence it has the ability to enhance the immune system. It balances the blood minerals and purifies them by stimulating the spleen organ.
It purifies our thoughts and feelings giving us inspiration in all undertakings.
When the energy of Sahasrara Chakra is balanced:
- awareness is attained one may experience bliss
When the energy of Sahasrara Chakra is balanced:
- may feel doubt or denial of spiritual reality, over intellectualisation, be religious not spiritual, excessive attachments, dissociation of the body and this reality.
We will be using a variety of ancient sound healing instruments, in some sessions, we may not use all:
-Jupiter and Venus Gongs: Venus is connected with sensuality, love, abundance and completion. Jupiter is connected to trust, abundance, openness, affirming and expansion
- Tibetan singing bowls: To balance the Solar Plexus (connected to willpower) and Throat Chakra (ability to communicate and connect within and with others)
- Shamanic drum: With a 7.83 Hz frequency stimulates Alpha/Theta brainwave frequency that enables regeneration and healing
- Dhyangro Nepalese Shamanic Drum: This two-sided drum represents the Yin & Yang energies of the world.
- Bell and Dorje: The bell represents wisdom and the feminine aspect and the Dorje represents the creative, forceful, male energy. During ceremonies, the bell is held in the left hand with the Dorje in the palm of your right hand. The Dorje represents the method that grows compassion. The Bell represents Buddha's mind which is wisdom. Each time they are used it is to remind you to practice great compassion and wisdom.
- Sonic Ohm Tuning fork: This higher expression of Ohm is also an earth tone, with its balancing and grounding properties. It is an excellent sound tool to help balance the energetic fields of the body
- Biosonics Crystal Tuner - Earth: tuned to a frequency of 4096 cycles per second this is a powerful sound healing instrument that tunes one with the pulsation of the Earth. It is used to clear energetic blocks in the body. It works on the frequency of the pineal gland and as such tunes its frequency and our circadian rhythms as consequence.
- Three Key Aura Chime: The smooth, penetrating tone of the aura chime eases tension and can slowly remove dense, negative energy. Aura chimes are also utilized similarly for the "space-clearing" of rooms in Feng Shui.
- Koshi Water Windchimes: provide a rich and deep sound, balancing the water energies in your body.
Other instruments to bring a sense of blissfulness: are Koshi Water Windchimes, Rainsticks and thunder-tube.
We start with a progressive muscle relaxation technique by tensing one muscle group at a time followed by a relaxation phase with a release of tension. This technique is effective to let go of stress, reducing muscle stiffness, to relieve insomnia and tiredness.
This is followed by a short deep breathing exercise, the aim is to tune into the moment, let go of the business of the week and make the most of the gong bath experience.
Please arrive between 7:15 pm-7:25 pm
Doors will close at 07:30 pm
Precautions: This session is not recommended:
- those with peacemaker
Classes are limited to 15 people. The places will be set out before your arrival.
We will provide sanitised yoga mats, a wipeable headrest and a wipeable booster.
There is also an air purifier and a new ventilation system in the studio.
Please bring a small blanket or shawl to keep you warm and a cover for the yoga mat if you want.
Online pre-bookings only:
- Please wear comfortable clothing
- We will offer herbal tea
- Please bring your water bottle
- Ticket type
Early Bird TicketPrice£12.00Sold Out
- Ticket type
Standard TicketPrice£15.00Sold Out
- Ticket type
This is a waiting list ticket. TC are first come first served. Please leave your name and number and we will contact you if a place becomes available.Price£0.00