Fri, 15 Jul|
Gong Bath and Flower Essences
Come and join us in this journey merging Sound bath with the energetics of Dr Bach flower essences. Bring your own bottle of water, flower esences will be provided.
Time & Location
15 Jul 2022, 19:30 – 20:30 BST
Bodywise Studio, Unit 4 Gwydir Street, Cambridge, UK CB1 2LG
About the Event
Back in the 1930s, medical doctor, Edward Bach believed that when emotions were healthy, the body would be able to cure itself of somatic illness. He believed that plants, specifically flowers, had minerals and natural substances that would regulate the energetics of emotions.
- Bring your mineral unused water bottle to the session:
We will explore an intuitive way of working with flower essences by using Dr Bach's flower cards.
When you arrive you will have flower cards with the pictures of each flower that makes the essence and you can take a card and allow your intuition to choose what you may need to balance the energetics of emotions.
You may also use the books and information provided to choose cognitively your flower essence to be added to your bottle. The Frontal Lobe of the Cortex has a link with the "emotional brain" and you may use it this way if that feels better for you.
Once the flower essence is chosen we will add 4 drops of the essence into your water bottle, which you will carry with you during the gong session to be further energised by the gong sounds. The water will carry the energetic medium of flower essences and sound therapeutics, which you can take home and drink throughout the week to balance your emotional energies.
The Gong will be played in a low tune to allow a deep meditative state. We will play the session with violet light.
Violet is the last colour on the blue end and has the shortest wavelength of the visual spectrum, therefore it is the most powerful in frequency and vibration. It is a cooling colour and calms the metabolism, it is nourishing and soothing for all organs. It is normally used in medicine for its antibacterial properties, hence it has the ability to enhance the immune system. It balances the blood minerals and purifies them by stimulating the spleen organ. It purifies our thoughts and feelings giving us inspiration in all undertakings. The violet energy connects us to our spiritual self bringing guidance, wisdom and inner strength. Enhances artistic talent and creativity. Violet is truly the colour of the divine Spirit, it helps expand the horizons of our Divine understanding.
We will be using a variety of ancient sound healing instruments:
-Jupiter and Venus Gongs: Venus is connected with sensuality, love, abundance and completion. Jupiter is connected to trust, abundance, openness, affirming and expansion
- Tibetan singing bowls: To balance the Solar Plexus (connected to willpower) and Throat Chakra (ability to communicate and connect within and with others)
- Shamanic drum: With a 7.83 Hz frequency stimulates Alpha/Theta brainwave frequency that enables regeneration and healing
- Dhyangro Nepalese Shamanic Drum: This two-sided drum represents the Yin & Yang energies of the world.
- Bell and Dorje: The bell represents wisdom and the feminine aspect and the Dorje represents the creative, forceful, male energy. During ceremonies, the bell is held in the left hand with the Dorje in the palm of your right hand. The Dorje represents the method that grows compassion. The Bell represents Buddha's mind which is wisdom. Each time they are used it is to remind you to practice great compassion wisdom.
- Sonic Ohm Tuning fork: This higher expression of Ohm is also an earth tone, with its balancing and grounding properties. It is an excellent sound tool to help balance the energetic fields of the body
- Biosonics Crystal Tuner - Earth: tuned to a frequency of 4096 cycles per second this is a powerful sound healing instrument that tunes one with the pulsation of the Earth. It is used to clear energetic blocks in the body. It works on the frequency of the pineal gland and as such tunes its frequency and our circadian rhythms as consequence.
- Three Key Aura Chime: The smooth, penetrating tone of the aura chime eases tension and can slowly remove dense, negative energy. Aura chimes are also utilized similarly for the "space-clearing" of rooms in Feng Shui.
- Koshi Water Windchimes: provide a rich and deep sound, balancing the water energies in your body.
Other instruments to bring a sense of blissfulness: Koshi Water Windchimes, Rainsticks and thunder tube.
We start with a progressive muscle relaxation technique by tensing one muscle group at a time followed by a relaxation phase with a release of tension. This technique is effective to let go of stress, reducing muscle stiffness, to relieve insomnia and tiredness.
This is followed by a short deep breathing exercise, the aim is to tune into the moment, to let go of the business of the week and make the most of the gong bath experience.
Please arrive between 7:15pm-07:30pm
Doors will close at 07:30 pm
Classes are limited to 10 people. The places will be set out before your arrival.
We will provide sanitised yoga mats, a wipeable headrest and a wipeable booster.
There is also an air purifier and a new ventilation system in the studio.
Please bring a small blanket or shawl to keep you warm and a cover for the yoga mat if you want.
Online pre-bookings only:
- Please wear comfortable clothing
- We will offer herbal tea
- Please bring your water bottle
Early Bird Ticket£12.00Sold Out
This is a waiting list ticket. TC are first come first served. Please leave your name and number and we will contact you if a place becomes available.£0.00