Fri, 19 May|
Gong Bath Chakra Series: Ajna Chakra – Third Eye Chakra – 6th Chakra
In these sessions, we will be adjusting the body’s energies by applying the appropriate wavelength (colour) & vibrational frequency (gong and sound healing) and diffusing essential oils according to each Chakra Vibration
Time & Location
19 May, 19:30 – 20:30
Bodywise Studio, Unit 4 Gwydir Street, Cambridge, UK CB1 2LG
About the Event
Life is a rhythm, health is a rhythm, happiness is a rhythm, and gong bath sessions, through sound vibrations, aromatherapy and light therapy allow us to set or re-set that rhythm.
The Chakras are wheels of energy ultimately connected to the body’s rhythms
In yogic anatomy we have energy channels called Nadis, there are 72.000 Nadis, of which 3 are major as they control all others and are responsible to raise the Kundalini Energy.
The 3 major Nadis are Sushmuna (balancing energy; flows in the centre of the spinal cord); Ida (passive energy; flows from the left side) and Pingala (active energy; flows from the right side). Ida and Pingala spiral around the Sushmuna. They all originate in the Muladhara/Root Chakra.
The Nadis merge in a vortex of energy centres called Chakras.
Chakras are not Nervous plexus and/or Endocrine Glands but are related to them on an energetic level. Chakras are energy vortexes.
The function of Chakras is to receive/collect the energy, called Prana, transform, balance and/or accelerate this energy, and distribute it to the other parts of the body. It is understood that the function of the chakras, assists healing, and spiritual awareness and keeps the organs functioning well.
The Ancient Sages (scholars and Yogis) who mastered the dynamics of life and shared their knowledge and experience, believed that all imbalances start at the Energetic level because we perceive reality through its energies and using our 6 senses (touch, sight, hearing, smell, taste and feelings). And as such health, healing and balance will ultimately involve an energy balance.
We will be diffusing the room with the Essential oil Blend appropriate for each Chakra Vibration and to complete the session we will be serving Herbal Tea. The Herbal tea Choice will support the organs that are related to each Chakra
CHAKRA 6: Indigo light therapy & Third Eye/Ajna Chakra:
The site of the soul, the Ajna chakra, is situated in the midbrain, behind the eyebrow centre, and at the top of the spine, is the Ajna chakra. Also known as the third eye, the eye of Shiva, or the 6th chakra. Ajna means command, as it is here where the disciple, receives guidance from the higher self, the guru, the teacher within.
It is represented by a silver lotus with two petals: the Sun and the Moon, or the Ida & Pingala nadis. Here we have the union of dualities to the centre Nadi, Sushmuna, meaning the realisation of the spiritual force of the self, where wisdom and intuition develop.
The element is the mind, and once Ajna chakra is awakened, the mind becomes steady and strong, the mind is your servant not the opposite and the full control of prana (the life force) is gained.
Ajna corresponds to the pineal gland which helps to convert signals from the nervous system to the endocrine system, it secretes melatonin (a hormone that causes sleepiness and regulation of certain endocrine glands). Together with the pituitary gland and hypothalamus, it regulates many other functions such as hunger, the biological clock, and the ageing process.
On the psychic plane, this chakra is the bridge between the mental and psychic planes, responsible for supernatural activities, such as clairvoyance, telepathy, and near-death experience.
It is one of the most subtle forms of energy and once is awakened it is possible to send and receive thought transmission through this centre. It is like a psychic doorway opening into deeper and higher levels of awareness.
Stimulating Ajna chakra one develops the faculty of the mind, such as intelligence, memory and concentration.
The Indigo colour represents exactly this fusion of dense and subtle. Indigo is a mixture of red colour (instinct, material creation, the root chakra) with blue colour (which is the spiritual colour, the colour that balances the electromagnetic field). When we merge the red colour: instinct and creative potential, with the blue colour: spirit/auric field (flow) we have Indigo colour: INTUITION.
When the energy of Ajna Chakra is balanced:
- one feels comfortable in any reality, has clear perception, psychic abilities, reliable intuition, and is able to see energy beyond matter and form.
When the energy of Ajna Chakra is balanced:
- one may suffer from insomnia or oversleeping,
- be out of mind and body,
- has difficulty visualise, confusion about what is real and not, the tendency to hide in intellectual analyses,
- inability to focus
We will be using a variety of ancient sound healing instruments, in some sessions, we may not use all:
-Jupiter and Venus Gongs: Venus is connected with sensuality, love, abundance and completion. Jupiter is connected to trust, abundance, openness, affirming and expansion
- Tibetan singing bowls: To balance the Solar Plexus (connected to willpower) and Throat Chakra (ability to communicate and connect within and with others)
- Shamanic drum: With a 7.83 Hz frequency stimulates Alpha/Theta brainwave frequency that enables regeneration and healing
- Dhyangro Nepalese Shamanic Drum: This two-sided drum represents the Yin & Yang energies of the world.
- Bell and Dorje: The bell represents wisdom and the feminine aspect and the Dorje represents the creative, forceful, male energy. During ceremonies, the bell is held in the left hand with the Dorje in the palm of your right hand. The Dorje represents the method that grows compassion. The Bell represents Buddha's mind which is wisdom. Each time they are used it is to remind you to practice great compassion and wisdom.
- Sonic Ohm Tuning fork: This higher expression of Ohm is also an earth tone, with its balancing and grounding properties. It is an excellent sound tool to help balance the energetic fields of the body
- Biosonics Crystal Tuner - Earth: tuned to a frequency of 4096 cycles per second this is a powerful sound healing instrument that tunes one with the pulsation of the Earth. It is used to clear energetic blocks in the body. It works on the frequency of the pineal gland and as such tunes its frequency and our circadian rhythms as consequence.
- Three Key Aura Chime: The smooth, penetrating tone of the aura chime eases tension and can slowly remove dense, negative energy. Aura chimes are also utilized similarly for the "space-clearing" of rooms in Feng Shui.
- Koshi Water Windchimes: provide a rich and deep sound, balancing the water energies in your body.
Other instruments to bring a sense of blissfulness: are Koshi Water Windchimes, Rainsticks and thunder-tube.
We start with a progressive muscle relaxation technique by tensing one muscle group at a time followed by a relaxation phase with a release of tension. This technique is effective to let go of stress, reducing muscle stiffness, to relieve insomnia and tiredness.
This is followed by a short deep breathing exercise, the aim is to tune into the moment, let go of the business of the week and make the most of the gong bath experience.
Please arrive between 7:15 pm-7:25 pm
Doors will close at 07:30 pm
Precautions: This session is not recommended if:
- you are pregnant
- those with peacemaker
Classes are limited to 15 people. The places will be set out before your arrival.
We will provide sanitised yoga mats, a wipeable headrest and a wipeable booster.
There is also an air purifier and a new ventilation system in the studio.
Please bring a small blanket or shawl to keep you warm and a cover for the yoga mat if you want.
Online pre-bookings only:
- Please wear comfortable clothing
- We will offer herbal tea
- Please bring your water bottle
Early Bird Ticket£12.00Sold Out
Standard Ticket£15.00Sold Out
This is a waiting list ticket. TC are first come first served. Please leave your name and number and we will contact you if a place becomes available.£0.00