Fri, 07 Apr|
Gong Bath Chakra Series: Manipura Chakra – Solar Plexus-3rd Chakra
In these sessions, we will be adjusting the body’s energies by applying the appropriate wavelength (colour) & vibrational frequency (gong and sound healing) and diffusing essential oils according to each Chakra Vibration
Time & Location
07 Apr, 19:30 – 20:30
Bodywise Studio, Unit 4 Gwydir Street, Cambridge, UK CB1 2LG
About the Event
Life is a rhythm, health is a rhythm, happiness is a rhythm, and gong bath sessions, through sound vibrations, aromatherapy and light therapy allow us to set or re-set that rhythm.
The Chakras are wheels of energy ultimately connected to the body’s rhythms
In yogic anatomy we have energy channels called Nadis, there are 72.000 Nadis, of which 3 are major as they control all others and are responsible to raise the Kundalini Energy.
The 3 major Nadis are Sushmuna (balancing energy; flows in the centre of the spinal cord); Ida (passive energy; flows from the left side) and Pingala (active energy; flows from the right side). Ida and Pingala spiral around the Sushmuna. They all originate in the Muladhara/Root Chakra.
The Nadis merge in a vortex of energy centres called Chakras.
Chakras are not Nervous plexus and/or Endocrine Glands but are related to them on an energetic level. Chakras are energy vortexes.
The function of Chakras is to receive/collect the energy, called Prana, transform, balance and/or accelerate this energy, and distribute it to the other parts of the body. It is understood that the function of the chakras, assists healing, and spiritual awareness and keeps the organs functioning well.
The Ancient Sages (scholars and Yogis) who mastered the dynamics of life and shared their knowledge and experience, believed that all imbalances start at the Energetic level because we perceive reality through its energies and using our 6 senses (touch, sight, hearing, smell, taste and feelings). And as such health, healing and balance will ultimately involve an energy balance.
We will be diffusing the room with the Essential oil Blend appropriate for each Chakra Vibration and to complete the session we will be serving Herbal Tea. The Herbal tea Choice will support the organs that are related to each Chakra
CHAKRA 3 - Yellow light therapy & Nabhi/Manipura Chakra:
Situated in the spine behind the navel is the Manipura Chakra, the Third Chakra or the Nabhi Chakra (Navel Chakra). In Sanskrit, it means “City of Jewels”. It is represented as a bright yellow lotus with ten petals and the Yantra of agni tattva (the fire element).
Manipura chakra on a more subtle level is the psychic centre that controls the instinct, the gut feeling, and the drive to find not only food but what nurtures the psychic self. It is our sense of ego, ambition, fear and fearlessness.
Manipura Chakra is our energy point, and it is located near the Solar Plexus. The organs and glands that are involved with Manipura chakra are gastric glands, pancreas, gall bladder, liver, portions of the small and large intestines, spleen, adrenals, kidneys and stomach.
This is the chakra level where people become extroverted and confident, it is where we get the energy to be involved in many external activities, whether in work or play.
The Yellow Colour is a combination of Red Colour and Green. This is a secondary colour and will connect to the Root and Heart Chakras. Yellow is stimulating for the nervous system, It helps the joints, muscles, lymphatic system and digestive system to flow. Yellow is the colour of intellect, intelligence, business, and skills. It helps to give energy in particular when there is depression, apathy and discouragement.
When the energy of Manipura Chakra is balanced:
- we are connected to the essence of our spiritual warrior.
- We have the energy and power to go towards our dreams with energy, strength and consciousness awareness.
When the energy of Manipura Chakra is unbalanced:
- we may manifest sluggishness, weakness, lack of personal identity depression, vulnerability to stressful situations
- Low energy in this chakra may affect all digestive functions
We will be using a variety of ancient sound healing instruments, in some sessions, we may not use all:
-Jupiter and Venus Gongs: Venus is connected with sensuality, love, abundance and completion. Jupiter is connected to trust, abundance, openness, affirming and expansion
- Tibetan singing bowls: To balance the Solar Plexus (connected to willpower) and Throat Chakra (ability to communicate and connect within and with others)
- Shamanic drum: With a 7.83 Hz frequency stimulates Alpha/Theta brainwave frequency that enables regeneration and healing
- Dhyangro Nepalese Shamanic Drum: This two-sided drum represents the Yin & Yang energies of the world.
- Bell and Dorje: The bell represents wisdom and the feminine aspect and the Dorje represents the creative, forceful, male energy. During ceremonies, the bell is held in the left hand with the Dorje in the palm of your right hand. The Dorje represents the method that grows compassion. The Bell represents Buddha's mind which is wisdom. Each time they are used it is to remind you to practice great compassion and wisdom.
- Sonic Ohm Tuning fork: This higher expression of Ohm is also an earth tone, with its balancing and grounding properties. It is an excellent sound tool to help balance the energetic fields of the body
- Biosonics Crystal Tuner - Earth: tuned to a frequency of 4096 cycles per second this is a powerful sound healing instrument that tunes one with the pulsation of the Earth. It is used to clear energetic blocks in the body. It works on the frequency of the pineal gland and as such tunes its frequency and our circadian rhythms as consequence.
- Three Key Aura Chime: The smooth, penetrating tone of the aura chime eases tension and can slowly remove dense, negative energy. Aura chimes are also utilized similarly for the "space-clearing" of rooms in Feng Shui.
- Koshi Water Windchimes: provide a rich and deep sound, balancing the water energies in your body.
Other instruments to bring a sense of blissfulness: are Koshi Water Windchimes, Rainsticks and thunder-tube.
We start with a progressive muscle relaxation technique by tensing one muscle group at a time followed by a relaxation phase with a release of tension. This technique is effective to let go of stress, reducing muscle stiffness, to relieve insomnia and tiredness.
This is followed by a short deep breathing exercise, the aim is to tune into the moment, let go of the business of the week and make the most of the gong bath experience.
Please arrive between 7:15 pm-7:25 pm
Doors will close at 07:30 pm
Precautions: This session is not recommended if:
- you are pregnant
- those with peacemaker
Classes are limited to 15 people. The places will be set out before your arrival.
We will provide sanitised yoga mats, a wipeable headrest and a wipeable booster.
There is also an air purifier and a new ventilation system in the studio.
Please bring a small blanket or shawl to keep you warm and a cover for the yoga mat if you want.
Online pre-bookings only:
- Please wear comfortable clothing
- We will offer herbal tea
- Please bring your water bottle
Early Bird Ticket
This is a waiting list ticket. TC are first come first served. Please leave your name and number and we will contact you if a place becomes available.