Fri, 24 Feb|
Sacred Purpose and Coming out of Winter Gong Bath
Come and join us on this powerful sound bath to build up energy to prepare the body and mind to come out of our winter phase and to connect deeper with our Sacred Purpose.
Time & Location
24 Feb, 20:00 – 21:00
Bodywise Studio, Unit 4 Gwydir Street, Cambridge, UK CB1 2LG
About the Event
When we are in our winter cycle or phase we need to nurture and create a state of inner peace, allowing us to let go and regenerate.
Now is the time to start creating Agni (fire) and air (flow); to start moving gently the energy. Of course, we will still want to nurture the body and mind. It is a gentle and gradual flow.
As we lean with the power of seasons and allow gradually to come out of the Winter Phase, it is important to create a momentum in which we define clearly our Identity for the cycle we want to bring about.
In this Gong bath, we want to energise the Body and Mind through sound, light therapy and Aromatherapy; creating a vibrational frequency that powerfully generates this momentum to connect with your Sacred Purpose, nurturing it and getting it ready to be expressed in your Spring Cycle.
We are constantly changing, learning and evolving, and it is important to create space and time, to reflect and access those changes.
In this session, the Gong will be played in a Medium tune to start with, just to release the necessary energy in the root and second chakras. We will then move to a gentle and relaxing gong bath.
The studio will be illuminated with Red and Orange lights.
Red is the Colour of the Muladhara Chakra. Red light corresponds to genital organs and sacral area. According to the theory of Chakras it is connected with our kundalini energy, which is the source of all energy: sexual, emotional, mental, and spiritual. Red light may be used to reduce headaches and migraines. Red light has also been shown to reduce pain. In colour therapy, it is used to stimulate the general life force and release old mental patterns.
Orange is joyful colour and it is great to use if you want to bring more happiness to daily life. Being a mixture of red (physical energy) and yellow (mind action), it gives action-oriented energy to accomplish tasks in a constructive and balanced manner.
It works on the organs of the Second Chakra: Kidneys, bladder, genitals, prostate, uterus and small intestine.
We will be diffusing the room with Vitality Essential oil Blend from Neal's Yard Remedies and to complete the session we will be serving a Bright Start Herbal Tea by Neal's Yard Remedies.
We will be using a variety of ancient sound healing instruments:
-Jupiter and Venus Gongs: Venus is connected with sensuality, love, abundance and completion. Jupiter is connected to trust, abundance, openness, affirming and expansion
- Tibetan singing bowls: To balance the Solar Plexus (connected to willpower) and Throat Chakra (ability to communicate and connect within and with others)
- Shamanic drum: With a 7.83 Hz frequency stimulates Alpha/Theta brainwave frequency that enables regeneration and healing
- Dhyangro Nepalese Shamanic Drum: This two-sided drum represents the Yin & Yang energies of the world.
- Bell and Dorje: The bell represents wisdom and the feminine aspect and the Dorje represents the creative, forceful, male energy. During ceremonies, the bell is held in the left hand with the Dorje in the palm of your right hand. The Dorje represents the method that grows compassion. The Bell represents Buddha's mind which is wisdom. Each time they are used it is to remind you to practice great compassion and wisdom.
- Sonic Ohm Tuning fork: This higher expression of Ohm is also an earth tone, with its balancing and grounding properties. It is an excellent sound tool to help balance the energetic fields of the body
- Biosonics Crystal Tuner - Earth: tuned to a frequency of 4096 cycles per second this is a powerful sound healing instrument that tunes one with the pulsation of the Earth. It is used to clear energetic blocks in the body. It works on the frequency of the pineal gland and as such tunes its frequency and our circadian rhythms as consequence.
- Three Key Aura Chime: The smooth, penetrating tone of the aura chime eases tension and can slowly remove dense, negative energy. Aura chimes are also utilized similarly for the "space-clearing" of rooms in Feng Shui.
- Koshi Water Windchimes: provide a rich and deep sound, balancing the water energies in your body.
Other instruments to bring a sense of blissfulness: Koshi Water Windchimes, Rainsticks and thunder tube.
We start with a progressive muscle relaxation technique by tensing one muscle group at a time followed by a relaxation phase with a release of tension. This technique is effective to let go of stress, reducing muscle stiffness, to relieve insomnia and tiredness.
This is followed by a short deep breathing exercise, the aim is to tune into the moment, to let go of the business of the week and make the most of the gong bath experience.
Please arrive between 7:45 pm-8:00 pm
Doors will close at 08:00 pm
Precautions: This session is not recommended if:
- you are pregnant
- those with peacemaker
Classes are limited to 15 people. The places will be set out before your arrival.
We will provide sanitised yoga mats, a wipeable headrest and a wipeable booster.
There is also an air purifier and a new ventilation system in the studio.
Please bring a small blanket or shawl to keep you warm and a cover for the yoga mat if you want.
Online pre-bookings only:
- Please wear comfortable clothing
- We will offer herbal tea
- Please bring your water bottle
Early Bird Ticket£12.00Sold Out
Standard Ticket£15.00Sold Out
This is a waiting list ticket. TC are first come first served. Please leave your name and number and we will contact you if a place becomes available.£0.00