Fri, 24 Mar|
Gong Bath Chakra Series: Svadhishthana Chakra – Sacral Chakra-2nd Chakra
In these sessions, we will be adjusting the body’s energies by applying the appropriate wavelength (colour) & vibrational frequency (gong and sound healing) and diffusing essential oils according to each Chakra Vibration
Time & Location
24 Mar, 19:30 – 20:30
Bodywise Studio, Unit 4 Gwydir Street, Cambridge, UK CB1 2LG
About the Event
Life is a rhythm, health is a rhythm, happiness is a rhythm, and gong bath sessions, through sound vibrations, aromatherapy and light therapy allow us to set or re-set that rhythm.
The Chakras are wheels of energy ultimately connected to the body’s rhythms
In yogic anatomy we have energy channels called Nadis, there are 72.000 Nadis, of which 3 are major as they control all others and are responsible to raise the Kundalini Energy.
The 3 major Nadis are Sushmuna (balancing energy; flows in the centre of the spinal cord); Ida (passive energy; flows from the left side) and Pingala (active energy; flows from the right side). Ida and Pingala spiral around the Sushmuna. They all originate in the Muladhara/Root Chakra.
The Nadis merge in a vortex of energy centres called Chakras.
Chakras are not Nervous plexus and/or Endocrine Glands but are related to them on an energetic level. Chakras are energy vortexes.
The function of Chakras is to receive/collect the energy, called Prana, transform, balance and/or accelerate this energy, and distribute it to the other parts of the body. It is understood that the function of the chakras, assists healing, and spiritual awareness and keeps the organs functioning well.
The Ancient Sages (scholars and Yogis) who mastered the dynamics of life and shared their knowledge and experience, believed that all imbalances start at the Energetic level because we perceive reality through its energies and using our 6 senses (touch, sight, hearing, smell, taste and feelings). And as such health, healing and balance will ultimately involve an energy balance.
We will be diffusing the room with the Essential oil Blend appropriate for each Chakra Vibration and to complete the session we will be serving Herbal Tea. The Herbal tea Choice will support the organs that are related to each Chakra
CHAKRA 2 - Orange light therapy & Sacral/Swadhisthana Chakra
The second chakra/ Swasdhisthana Chakra is located approximately two fingers above the root chakra extending from the top of the pelvic bone to the navel. In Sanskrit, the literal meaning is “self-dwelling place”.
It is symbolised by a lotus with six petals, it is controlled by the Water element (moveable and sensitive), the moon (changeable) representing therefore, emotions and the underlying movement of the Karmas (Karma means action, the law of Karma states that for every action there is a reaction)
The Swadhisthana Chakra features the human foundation. It is the heart and soul of our creativity.
Associated with the sex chakra metaphorically, it represents the power to create and recreate, to give and receive. It is associated with the tongue (the creation of words), sexual organs (creation of life), bladder (associated with the autonomous nervous system, which regulates all the body’s basic vital functions) and kidneys (where the vital energy, the energy that moves us up resides).
On a deeper level, Swadhisthana is the seat of individual and collective unconsciousness, so this chakra depends on the energy of others in order to flourish, allowing the experience of merging ourselves with the “other-selves”.
Orange colour is joyful colour and it is great to use if you want to bring more happiness to daily life. Being a mixture of red (physical energy) and yellow (mind action), it gives action-oriented energy to accomplish tasks in a constructive and balanced manner. It works on the organs of the Second Chakra: Kidneys, bladder, genitals, prostate, uterus and small intestine.
When the energy of Swadhisthana Chakra is balanced:
- We have the ability to initiate, empathy with others, generosity and willingness to share,
- We possess genuine intimacy, empowering relationships
- We share a passion for life with a desire to use our creativity in every action benefiting all humanity.
- Working on this chakra can help with symptoms of menopause & PMS and symptoms of depression and anxiety associated with an imbalance of sexual hormones
When the energy of Swadhisthana Chakra is unbalanced:
- we may experience poor boundaries,
- emotional dependency,
- inability to express our creativity,
- instability and constant mood swings.
- Physically energetic imbalances may be connected to areas of the body: hip joint, sexual organs, bladder, reproductive issues
We will be using a variety of ancient sound healing instruments, in some sessions, we may not use all:
-Jupiter and Venus Gongs: Venus is connected with sensuality, love, abundance and completion. Jupiter is connected to trust, abundance, openness, affirming and expansion
- Tibetan singing bowls: To balance the Solar Plexus (connected to willpower) and Throat Chakra (ability to communicate and connect within and with others)
- Shamanic drum: With a 7.83 Hz frequency stimulates Alpha/Theta brainwave frequency that enables regeneration and healing
- Dhyangro Nepalese Shamanic Drum: This two-sided drum represents the Yin & Yang energies of the world.
- Bell and Dorje: The bell represents wisdom and the feminine aspect and the Dorje represents the creative, forceful, male energy. During ceremonies, the bell is held in the left hand with the Dorje in the palm of your right hand. The Dorje represents the method that grows compassion. The Bell represents Buddha's mind which is wisdom. Each time they are used it is to remind you to practice great compassion and wisdom.
- Sonic Ohm Tuning fork: This higher expression of Ohm is also an earth tone, with its balancing and grounding properties. It is an excellent sound tool to help balance the energetic fields of the body
- Biosonics Crystal Tuner - Earth: tuned to a frequency of 4096 cycles per second this is a powerful sound healing instrument that tunes one with the pulsation of the Earth. It is used to clear energetic blocks in the body. It works on the frequency of the pineal gland and as such tunes its frequency and our circadian rhythms as consequence.
- Three Key Aura Chime: The smooth, penetrating tone of the aura chime eases tension and can slowly remove dense, negative energy. Aura chimes are also utilized similarly for the "space-clearing" of rooms in Feng Shui.
- Koshi Water Windchimes: provide a rich and deep sound, balancing the water energies in your body.
Other instruments to bring a sense of blissfulness: are Koshi Water Windchimes, Rainsticks and thunder-tube.
We start with a progressive muscle relaxation technique by tensing one muscle group at a time followed by a relaxation phase with a release of tension. This technique is effective to let go of stress, reducing muscle stiffness, to relieve insomnia and tiredness.
This is followed by a short deep breathing exercise, the aim is to tune into the moment, let go of the business of the week and make the most of the gong bath experience.
Please arrive between 7:15 pm-7:25 pm
Doors will close at 07:30 pm
Precautions: This session is not recommended if:
- you are pregnant
- those with peacemaker
Classes are limited to 15 people. The places will be set out before your arrival.
We will provide sanitised yoga mats, a wipeable headrest and a wipeable booster.
There is also an air purifier and a new ventilation system in the studio.
Please bring a small blanket or shawl to keep you warm and a cover for the yoga mat if you want.
Online pre-bookings only:
- Please wear comfortable clothing
- We will offer herbal tea
- Please bring your water bottle
Early Bird Ticket£12.00Sold Out
Standard Ticket£15.00Sold Out
This is a waiting list ticket. TC are first come first served. Please leave your name and number and we will contact you if a place becomes available.£0.00