Fri, 10 Feb|
Gong Bath to aid Sleep
Come and join us for this relaxing Gong bath, we will play the gong in a gentle tune so that you can relax and have a wonderful night of sleep after it!
Time & Location
10 Feb, 20:00 – 21:00 GMT
Bodywise Studio, Unit 4 Gwydir Street, Cambridge, UK CB1 2LG
About the Event
Sleep is essential for health and well-being!
Sleep aids the self-regulatory mechanisms of the body (homeostasis), aids concentration and coordination, makes neural connections and improves speech, and memory.
Sleep is great to settle or get rid of experiences that happened during the day, and gives a chance for the body to recover, restore and regenerate from the day’s activities.
Come and join us in this relaxing Gong Bath.
This is a gentle session to create a sense of preparedness to sleep well.
Most people feel they have very deep and regenerative sleep after a Gong bath and this session will be focused on creating this rhythm in your body!
We will be using Blue lights in the room. Adding light therapy to your Gong session
BLUE light is cooling and has yin qualities in it (it relaxes and gives peace of mind). Therapeutically is used for inflammation of the tissue or skin, it also has antibacterial properties.
Gong Bath can bring the subconscious body to a neutral state by reducing the speed of brain waves; helping the body to relax and restore.
We will use Aromatherapy, by having diffusers in the room with Goodnight essential oil blend by Absolute Aromas.
And to create the perfect sleeping scenario, we will be offering you a herbal Tea called Night Time by Neal's Yard Remedies.
Please wear comfortable clothes, bring extra pillows and a cover if you want to feel cosy.
We will be using a variety of ancient sound healing instruments:
-Jupiter and Venus Gongs: Venus is connected with sensuality, love, abundance and completion. Jupiter is connected to trust, abundance, openness, affirming and expansion
- Tibetan singing bowls: To balance the Solar Plexus (connected to willpower) and Throat Chakra (ability to communicate and connect within and with others)
- Shamanic drum: With a 7.83 Hz frequency stimulates Alpha/Theta brainwave frequency that enables regeneration and healing
- Sonic Ohm Tuning fork: This higher expression of Ohm is also an earth tone, with its balancing and grounding properties. It is an excellent sound tool to help balance the energetic fields of the body
- Biosonics Crystal Tuner - Earth: tuned to a frequency of 4096 cycles per second this is a powerful sound healing instrument that tunes one with the pulsation of the Earth. It is used to clear energetic blocks in the body. It works on the frequency of the pineal gland and as such tunes its frequency and our circadian rhythms as consequence.
Other instruments to bring a sense of blissfulness: are Koshi Water Windchimes, Rain sticks and thunder tube.
We start with a progressive muscle relaxation technique by tensing one muscle group at a time followed by a relaxation phase with the release of tension. This technique is effective to let go of stress, reducing muscle stiffness, to relieve insomnia and tiredness.
This is followed by a short deep breathing exercise, the aim is to tune into the moment, to let go of the business of the week and to make the most of the gong bath experience.
Please arrive between 7:50pm-08:00pm
Doors will close at 08:00 pm
Classes are limited to 15 people so that we can offer safe social, the places will be set out prior to your arrival.
We will provide sanitised yoga mats, wipeable headrests and wipeable boosters.
There is also an air purifier and a new ventilation system in the studio.
Online pre-bookings only:
- Please wear comfortable clothing
- We will offer herbal tea
- Please bring your own water bottle
- Please bring a small blanket or shawl to keep you warm
Early Bird Ticket
This is a waiting list ticket. TC are first come first served. Please leave your name and number and we will contact you if a place becomes available.