Sun, 18 Feb|
Cambridge Dance Studios
Sunday Gong Bath - Relaxing and Restorative
Come and join us in this relaxing and restorative Gong Bath. The Gong will be played in a low tune to allow a deep meditative state. We will play the session with blue light to enhance calm vibration.
Time & Location
18 Feb 2024, 19:15 – 20:15 GMT
Cambridge Dance Studios, 182 Histon Rd, Cambridge CB4 3JP, UK
About the Event
This is a 1-hour gong bath. The Gong will be played in a low tune to allow a deep meditative state. We will play the session with blue light to enhance calm vibrations and will finish using the sounds of Kochi Bells, Tibetan Singing Bowls and other relaxing sound instruments.
We will be using a variety of ancient sound healing instruments:
-Jupiter and Venus Gongs: Venus is connected with sensuality, love, abundance and completion. Jupiter is connected to trust, abundance, openness, affirming and expansion
- Tibetan singing bowls: To balance the Solar Plexus (connected to willpower) and Throat Chakra (ability to communicate and connect within and with others)
- Shamanic drum: With a 7.83 Hz frequency stimulates Alpha/Theta brainwave frequency that enables regeneration and healing
- Sonic Ohm Tuning fork: This higher expression of Ohm is also an earth tone, with its balancing and grounding properties. It is an excellent sound tool to help balance the energetic fields of the body
- Biosonics Crystal Tuner - Earth: tuned to a frequency of 4096 cycles per second this is a powerful sound healing instrument that tunes one with the pulsation of the Earth. It is used to clear energetic blocks in the body. It works on the frequency of the pineal gland, and as such tunes its frequency and our circadian rhythms as a consequence.
Other instruments to bring a sense of blissfulness: Koshi Water Winchimes, Rain sticks and Thunder Tube.
We start with a progressive muscle relaxation technique by tensing one muscle group at a time followed by a relaxation phase with release of tension. This technique is effective in letting go of stress, reducing muscle stiffness, to relieving insomnia and tiredness.
This is followed by a short deep breathing exercise, the aim is to tune into the moment, to let go of the business of the week and to make the most of the gong bath experience.
Please arrive between 7:00pm-7:15pm
Doors will close at 7:15pm
This event is limited to 16 people
- a small blanket or shawl to keep you warm
- Bring your Yoga mat and pillows
- The studio does not provide them.
Online pre-bookings only:
- Please wear comfortable clothing
- We will offer herbal tea
- Please bring your water bottle
- We will provide earplugs if you are sensitive to the sound, allowing you to still benefit from the powerful vibrations of the gongs
- Ticket type
Early Bird TicketPrice£12.00Sold Out
- Ticket type