1) To help with gynaecological problems: Vaginal Steaming has been used to help with a varied of symptoms such as cramps, painful periods, trouble conceiving, infections, fibroids, cysts, dryness, uterine weakness, uterine prolapse, irregular menstrual cycles, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, reproductive adhesion/scar tissue, previous vaginal tear or episiotomy, dark and purple brown blood at the end or onset of menses. And best of all, as preventive measure for all the above.
2) After the period: to ensure all the blood and womb lining has completely cleared from the womb (we know if this hasn't happened when our period starts with brown blood)
3) Before the period: to either bring the bleed on or to make it come later (this is supported through specific herbs)
4) From the first period to post-menopause: It is an important tool for self-care. Aids circulation, improves hormonal balance, and aids uterine cleanse
5) Stagnation: resolving clots, endometriosis, delayed period, cramps, pain, cysts, & tumours
6) Postnatal care: Essential care right after a woman has a baby. Vaginal steaming is also used as a hygienic post-period practice to get any left-over blood out of the vaginal tract and womb once the period is over. So a woman can return to her optimum health and well being after birth.
7) Detox Treatment, Immune Stimulate and Abdominal Health: Vaginal steaming is great to aid detoxification processes, aid circulation to the low digestive track. It has shown benefits for those with IBS, fatigue, low immune system.
Treating infection: for thrush, bacterial vaginosis, STI's, etc
Resolving scar tissue: from birthing, hysterectomy, or other surgical procedures
8) Pelvic trauma: Vsteam can provide a gentle way to reconnect to the womb and our female energy. It is a spiritual and energetic cleanse from sexual traumas, abusive partners, and even to start afresh to a new relationship.
A steam with Gong bath is highly recommended in this case, as it uses the sound healing as aid to the treatment.
9) Spiritual , Emotional and Energetic Healing: According to Ayurveda Vaginal steaming and the use of the right herbs can help release the energy of the 1st and 2nd chakras.
The 1st Chakra is the seat of the Earth element and as such the central emotions will be of Survival, family connection and fear The Goals will be: Stability, grounding, physical health, prosperity and trust.
The 2nd Chakra is the seat of the Water element and as such the central emotions will be of Guilt, overly emotional or emotionally numb, frigid, poor boundaries. The Goals will be: Fluidity, healthy sexuality, emotional expression.
Vaginal steaming provides circulation to those energies that generally becomes stagnant. It also helps to circulate the APANA energy, the energy of elimination, which in excess can block the flow of your Kundalini energy, also called the creative energy.
10) Benefits of Steaming for Men: Men have been introduced to this modality as well. Perineal steam has been used to support prostate health, fertility, congestion and circulation issues. The steam works to soften tense pelvic floor muscles, easy prostate issues, stimulate circulation and cleansing in the pelvic floor.